Sunday 27 May 2007

Day 4 - 27th May


Newtonmore to Dunkeld (54 miles)
I'm sure I will look back on today as a highlight in many ways.
The Highlands continued to impress their grandeur on me. After a climb up to Dromochter pass (approx 1600 ft and pictured here) a magnificent view opened out before me. And of course whatever goes up, must come down - Yipee!!
The sun chose to shine on me most of the day which always lifts the spirits.
The legs felt like they were beginning to develop some stamina and my back and bum provided me with no problems despite many hours in the saddle.
Tomorrow the beautiful city of Edinburgh awaits me with the prospect of being greated by some of my family (aunt, uncle and cousins) and not having to sleep under canvas.

3 comments:

Mary Bolster said...

Dear Kevin
I think that we are now getting some of the weather that you had to put up with on friday. Th bank holiday is now a complete wash out which means we have a good opportunity to get on with things like painting the kitchen, writing the next novel etc, etc.
Tom is not so well. His breathing is very poor and he has no energy
See you on the 2nd.
Love Mum and Dad

saucie_pepper said...

What goes up must come down! - we all thought the north/south route was because you thought it would all be down hill.
What a gastronomic tale - well, sally forth into the land of deep fried Mars Bars, not sure about the carb content.

Barry said...

Kevin,
Well done so far. Intersted in how you are posting your blogs. Laptop with Wireless Hotspots? or are you using a pda with GPRS or similar?
Barry